Monday, December 04, 2006

I'm cold!

It was another fun weekend with many Christmas activities. We didn't do much Friday night because pretty much I was passed out by 9:30, but we did go out to eat at Mimi's Cafe were I branched out and found a new favorite dish---jumbo spinach tortellini with mushrooms, sun-dried tomatoes and artichokes in a pesto cream sauce. Saturday morning I went out shopping with my Mom. Quinn stayed home under the pretense of having a headache but I think it was really just an excuse to continue playing Viva Pinatas on the XBox. He is very proud of his garden and all of his pinatas. Unfortunately, we had only borrowed the game for the weekend. So I'm sure he is longing for his pinatas this morning.

Saturday night we trekked up to Salt Lake and met Dana, Ryan and kids for a trip to Temple Square to view the lights. I froze. Seriously, there were points when I couldn't feel my fingers. I think Jaxson said it best when he looked up at me from his stroller and said "Devry, I'm cold!" He is very smart for a almost 2 year old.

But we quickly made our way through the throngs and got into the visitor center to warm up for a bit. Here is a picture of us waiting to go up to the Christus.


The kids sat so quietly and were so well behaved during the little presentation they do up by the Christus.



Sunday was nice and relaxing and I was able to make my favorite Christmas cookie--the lemon filled molasses cookies. Although, I feel slightly ill this morning so maybe I shouldn't have eaten as many as I did. Oh well.

3 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

Well, what is Christmas without going to Temple Square! I do remember freezing my tooshie off though!

Anonymous said...

I used to live on Capitol Hill and work at the church office building and so I really miss seeing the lights every day, but what I really long for is playing Viva Pinata.

Lindsay said...

Well I'm jealous about your temple square outing. But def NOT jealous about the freezing part. Cute family pic though!