Thursday, December 07, 2006

An offer I can't refuse

Friday December 15th was going to be my last day at work. I was very excited about it. However, they made me an offer I can't refuse. It looks like I'll be staying on here for a little bit longer, at least until the beginning of February. How is that going to work, you ask? Well, I'll be flying up to Utah 4 days a week to help finish up a few projects. This really is a great blessing. It will allow Quinn and I to continue to eat while moving to Dallas. I was starting to freak out in true Arnett fashion concerning how long it would take me to find a new job in Dallas and how we would afford to live there. This opportunity will provide a nice buffer and allow me to take my time somewhat in locating new employment. Of course the downside is, that I will have to be working for a few days on our trip to VA, but it shouldn't be too bad.

Another upside is that I'll get to see Lindsay when she comes back from N. Ireland in January. Yea!!

6 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

Sounds like you have made a good decision!

Heather

Lindsay said...

Well I for one am ecstatic that you will be here for January! It will be a joyful reunion indeed. ALso so excited that things are working out in such a happy manner to take the edge off of moving.

Hooray!!! All around!

Anonymous said...

Dev,
You can do anything you want to and need to when you are here. Just make sure you are here or else all of us will be disappointed. It isn't everyday that we have a bride. Can't wait to see you and your hubby.
Congratulations on being so great and so indispensable that you rate an offer like that. Very impressive.
MIL

Cara said...

I always work from Mom and Dad's house. I'm a professional work from home person, and you can do it from pretty much anywhere. I just have to convince Mom to install Excel and PowerPoint so I can really WORK. Email's no problem...

Anonymous said...

how great for you! now you can experience the more of the bitter cold utah winter!

KickButtMommy said...

I forgot to tell you Devry, I will be working the entire time I am in VA. No rest for the wicked!

H