Thursday, November 01, 2007

Traditions

As a newly created family you have the opportunity to continue the traditions that you grew up with as well as creating new ones together. I'm really looking forward to being able to create our own DelHoyo family traditions. The other night I asked Quinn about which Christmas traditions that he grew up with did he most want to see continued with our own family in the coming years. Number 1 on his list was the advent calendar. He went on to say how much he loved the anticipation of counting down to Christmas and guessing which ornament everyone was going to pick to put on the calendar as well as who would get the honor of putting on the star. So tonight while I was out shopping with Lindsay for our cousin Meghan's bridal shower, I found the following advent calendar. Since it was relatively inexpensive I had to make it mine.



I think the possibilities are endless with all the little cubbies and I'm excited to come up with little things to fill the cubbies so Quinn for now--and our future kids--can still have the magic of the Christmas advent calendar.

10 comments:

Cara said...

That advent calendar is SO CUTE! I've never seen one like it. Good choice. And the fun part is, the little surprises can be different from year to year, so there's always something new. Quinn is so sentimental, and I'm not surprised that the advent calendar was top on his list. I'm sure cinnamon rolls were not far behind.

Anonymous said...

Awesome calendar! Did you get it here or is that a dumb question? I think Casey would love it!

Anonymous said...

Okay....I just answered my dumb question after I scrolled down to read your other blogs. I guess you're not here anymore...too bad for me but great for Q! <:^)

jmr said...

That is one of the cutest advent calendars I've ever seen. I've really only seen the cardboard ones you throw away. I want one!

Anonymous said...

That is a great advent calendar. It looks so Pennsylvania Deutsch which obviously appealed to you, Penn Girl. Now, if you can just figure out a way to keep Q from opening all the little doors at the beginning of each December. He's pretty crafty.
Your folks' must have developed some unique traditions from all their world travels. It would be fun to hear about them.

Devry said...

Frybaby,

I did get it here in Utah at Bed Bath and Beyond.

the peine's said...

We as well have to have the advent calendar. It's so fun. We like the ones with the chocolate!

KA said...

Indeed. Perhaps I will make a purchase.

In other news, did you hear about Torre and the Dodgers? It's like best case scenario, considering all previous nightmares. My mom LOVES the Dodgers and I have a bit of blue in me as well. I'm going to be a sub-fan, if you will.

KickButtMommy said...

Beautiful. Again, Quinn is so lucky.

Anonymous said...

So was Q the one shopping in McKinney, TX and looking at diaper bags? I'm really wondering about that man!!