Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Look What I Did

And before you start to think I'm really talented, I must confess I didn't actually make the gingerbread house, just decorate it. For a Young Women activity, my mom's Laurels decorated houses and I invited myself along since I love to do it. There is a lady in our ward who is a pro at making them and has even taught classes at candy making shops etc...She made all the houses and had so much fun food/candy for us to decorate with.



Front view of "Casa DelHoyo"



Side view --isn't the rock candy adorable???



All lit up. That's right, this lady leaves a little hole in the bottom so you can put a string of lights through it to light it up. It also makes the gingerbread smell permeate through the house. Our house is smelling really good right now.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the rock candy, actually makes it look like a real house. The light on the inside makes it look cozy and delicious at the same time. Quite an achievement D.G. You should be on Ace of Cakes.

Cara said...

Seriously Dev, don't sell yourself short. That decor is SWEET on that house! Pun intended.

KickButtMommy said...

Seriously impressed over here. How my kids would love to hang out with their Auntie Devry making awesome gingerbread houses. They are dying to make one but I am lacking in that area as well.

the peine's said...

Amazing! You have inspried me to pick one up at Costco and decorate it! I love gingerbread houses!

Anonymous said...

I have seen a LOT of gingerbread houses in my time and yours is the BEST. In fact, gorgeous. I had a gingerbread house which I kept for years before the colors really started to fade and then I let Quinn eat it. If you pack yours in ziplock and in a padded box it will keep for years. Long enough for your own little son to finally eat it.

jmr said...

super cool that it lights up! and the rock candy.. yummy and good looking. the little swirly stuff is my favorite.