Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Christmas Day

We had a great day today. We woke up late around 8 this morning. We started making breakfast. Finally Jaxson came down and basked in his many Santa Claus gifts. We ate a delicious breakfast of cinnamon rolls, sausage and eggs. Dana, Ryan, Bonnie, Joseph and Sadie came over and we opened some gifts.

Unfortunately Danny had to work so we waited until early afternoon to open most of our presents with him. Everyone was really excited for Quinn to open his gift from me. For the last two and a half months I've been crocheting a blanket/afghan for him. Every time I would talk to him he would ask me what I was doing and I was say either "nothing" or "watching TV" when in actuality I was busy with the crocheting. I'm glad he finally knows I'm not that lazy.



My Mom and Dad gave me a sewing machine for Christmas. I'm very excited. Of course, I don't know how to sew but I'm going to find myself some sort of class to take and get started.

After gifts, we enjoyed a Christmas dinner consisting of prime rib, mash potatoes, green beans, sauteed mushrooms and rolls. It was the first time I have ever made prime rib and I have to say it turned out amazing! Delicious! Quinn says it needs to be our new Christmas tradition. This is not the best picture of the prime rib, it looks burnt, but really that is just the horseradish crust. I promise it was medium rare and perfect.



This evening we are all just enjoying spending time together. Merry Christmas everyone! We missed those of you who we were not able to spend time with. We hope to see you soon.

5 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

Devry, your blanket turned out amazing! I have been thinking of you guys all day and wondering how you are so I am glad you posted! Merry Christmas! We miss you and will see you very soon!

Jake and Steph said...

What next Martha? Will you be arranging gigantic centerpieces of flowers or building some furniture perhaps? Actually you are far superior to Martha Stewart because I don't believe she's a runner.

Cara said...

If you can crochet like that, then sewing will be a breeze! Sweet afghan. And I don't even attempt prime rib - but I can make a mean meat loaf!

Anonymous said...

I've NEVER done a prime rib. Next Christmas we are all coming to your house.
I can see why it took months to complete the afghan....it is quite intricate with all the color changes and seaming. Lucky Quinner. And SCORE!!! on the sewing machine. All you need now is a staple gun and a glue gun added to your sewing machine and crochet hook and you are total Relief Society material. Proud of you.

Justin said...

Way to go on the blanket and the prime rib. Sounds like good times. Happy New Year!