Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Deep and Philosophical

Stacey and I had a very deep and philosophical discussion today whilst we were out running errands. For some reason I was thinking back on the recent Celine Dion episode of Oprah. During the episode some of her fans got to request for her to sing a favorite song. So, I posed the question to Stacey. What song would she have Celine sing?

Her answer was "Call the Man" off of Falling Into You. An excellent choice.

I had a really hard time narrowing it down. My finalist were (in no particular order):

Water From the Moon from Celine Dion
To Love You More from Let's Talk About Love
I Love You from Falling Into You
I'm Alive from A New Day Has Come
Alone from Taking Chances


But after much thought and deliberation I would have to go with

I Want You to Need Me off of her All The Way album.



So what would you ask her to sing?

10 comments:

KA said...

Mmmmm, yes, hard to narrow it down. I'm tempted to say Then You Look at Me (also from All the Way). But To Love You More is up there too.

Dana said...

To Love Your More, for sure!

ld said...

Any solo would be great...SO LOW that I couldn't hear her sing.

Devry said...

ld, another comment like that just might get you banned from my blog :)

Anonymous said...

Hate to expose my ignorance but, I can't begin to name any song by any singer or composer. I don't buy cd's, don't listen to the radio, and don't even know the current artists to any degree. Do know WHO Celine Dion is, though can't name any of her songs. Sorry to disappoint you, Devry. Call me up and sing me a few.

Lindsay said...

To Love You More followed closely by The Reason

KickButtMommy said...

I have never heard that song "I want you to need me" but it is beautiful. Maybe I will have to listent to more Celine....

Anonymous said...

I think I speak for everyone else when I say: I would ask her to sing "Wu-Tang Clan Ain't Nuthing Ta F' Wit"

jmr said...

I don't know the name of the song but it was on the Crysler commercials awhile back "I'd drive all night, to get to you" or something like that. I LOVE that song and sing it in the car pretending I have half the voice she does.

McKenna Gordon said...

To Love You More or I'm Your Lady (cheezy I know, but I love) OR off of her newest, Right Next to the Right One, which I'm in love with. It's darling.