Monday, December 24, 2007

Christmas Eve

This morning started out with an old Arnett family tradition...The Christmas Eve morning run...hahahaha...I can't even type that with a straight face.

A little over a week ago I threw my back out by leaning over to put dish washing liquid in the dishwasher. I know. How dumb is that? So I haven't done any sort of physical activity for a about 8 days since I could barely walk. So I wanted to get back in the game. So Quinn and I set our alarm for 6:30 this morning and then roused my mom from sleep and the three of us set off to the Provo river trail. We ran three miles. I was actually quite pleased with how well I did for not having done much lately. My mom did great. And Quinn was very helpful walking beside me trying to encourage me to keep running.

I'm excited for the rest of the days festivities.

Merry Christmas everyone!

5 comments:

Cara said...

So cute, a Christmas Eve-morning run. We always had cinnamon rolls and played video games! I love the Provo River trail - that makes me miss it a little. It's so beautiful there.

Dana said...

Dad told me about the morning run at Lexi's salon. I was so proud of all three of you. Not only did you run in the bitter cold but you ran in the bitter cold on Christmas Eve! 26.2 baby, 26.2!!!

Anonymous said...

Traditions are a great thing, especially when you start your own. That tradition needs to be done a little more often than once a year, though, or you would kill yourself. I'm way impressed with your mom.

jmr said...

now you guys should go run again in the piles of snow. What is it about snow that makes me feel like I run faster? :) Merry Christmas Devry (and Quinn too) I just had a fun thought, I might see you tomorrow at Grandmas? YEA!

KickButtMommy said...

Threw your back out? That runs in the family! I throw mine out constantly. Uncle George threw his out last week picking something up off the floor, and well, you know all about Dad D!