Friday, February 22, 2008

living the dream

Quinn told me I am living my dream. He calls it my HGTV/Food Network Dream. This week has consisted of helping my mom make-over rooms in the house. I'm having so much fun meeting with contractors to come up with ideas for a kitchen +more renovation. We have another appointment on Monday that I'm very excited about.

Also, tonight my mom, Dana and I had the opportunity to host a baby shower for my cousin Kenzie. My mom let me handle the food. Below are a few delights.



Antipasto Kabobs



Asian Chicken Salad Won tons



Turkey Wraps--Thanks to Dana for helping a sister out and making these



Apple Brie Pizza (my favorite of the night)



Tomato and Avocado Bruschetta



Herb-stuffed Mushrooms (again courtesy of Dana)

And last but not least...



My mom made these delicious vanilla cupcakes with strawberry frosting.

It was such a fun night and I always love when I get an opportunity to pretend I'm a caterer.

9 comments:

Kim said...

Wow! Do I need to have a baby shower to have you cook for me or will you just come over and do it? And while you're here, you can do a little redecorating. Who am I to smash a dream? I say- DREAM ON!

Anonymous said...

I am so impressed. You've got mad skills and I would have to say that Quinn is also living a dream by having a wife like you. Jake is definitely not living that dream.

cs said...

Dev, thanks to you and your sisters and Mom as that was the most amazing shower ever!! The food, the games, the prizes (love my pink rubber spatula!) and the good company, it was all the best! I love you and your fam for all your efforts. It was so sweet of you and confirms once again to me how blessed I am to be related to such terrific people.

Send recipes now, as ld is drooling over your pics and berating me for not bringing him home any samples. my bad. but really i am sick to death of hearing him comment "the asian chicken looks so good' or ' i love pink cupcakes, always have'

Sioux said...

I'm with CS on getting recipes for these delish dishes! The pix make my mouth water, and I've never even heard of some of them! You go, Girl!

KickButtMommy said...

That is seriously impreesive Dev. You could seriously do your own show!

Anonymous said...

As smart (and lucky) as we all thought Q was for marrying you we now realize we were wrong. He was brilliant and blessed. Next time you come visit us I will try harder in the kitchen. (And, good luck to me on that one!)

Megs said...

I'm drooling just looking at the pictures. Mmm...it was SO good last night!! After I came home all I could talk about was how delicious the food was (and of course the lovely shower too:) )
I need recipes!!

the peine's said...

Devry,

All this food looks AMAZING! You're really living the dream :)

KA said...

Are you planning to post the recipes? Yes please.