Friday, February 15, 2008

v-day recap

Happy Valentine's Day!

Quinn was able to be home by five o'clock today so we could spend the evening together. I made him a spaghetti dinner. For dessert, I made one of his favorite desserts--tres leches cake. What do you think?



For never having made it, I thought it turned out pretty well.

Afterward, we went to see the movie Definitely, Maybe. I have to say, I didn't love. And I really wanted to love. Even if you can get past all of the pro-Clinton/anti-Bush propoganda that they shove down your throats (which has no place in a romantic comedy in my opinion), it is still a slightly depressing story which only mildly redeems itself in the end. Quinn commented that the pacing of the movie was like a "death march". He disliked it a lot more than I did.

I also made Quinn take a picture of us to commemorate the day. Here we are in all our Valentine's Day glory.

7 comments:

Cara said...

You guys are too cute. And I love your little dessert, it looks delicious and very fancy.

Anonymous said...

Love your new hairstyle. You both make such an attractive couple. Glad that you had a good Valentine's Day even though the movie turned out to be a bust. Grandpa and I will make sure that we don't pay money to see that one. He hates political forums sandwiched into public entertainment. So good call on your part.

KickButtMommy said...

Devry, first LOVE the bangs. Second, you are such a fancy cook! I love it.

jmr said...

love the bangs! and the tres looks sooo yummy!!!

KA said...

I want some of that cake for myself right now. And I am sick, so I feel like I deserve it.

Kim said...

Are you back living in Texas now? I'm impressed by your cooking. Quinn is lucky! Cute bangs too!

wendy said...

ditto, and more ditto on the hair-do (yours obviously).