Monday, December 08, 2008

baby update

Just got back from my OBGYN appointment. I had to do the gestational diabetes test. That was DISGUSTING! So gross. I am not good at swallowing things that I don't like the taste off, hence no matter how sick I get I never take cough medicine because I can never get it down.

But besides all that everything was good with baby. The doctor said he is a big boy as I'm measuring at 27 weeks and the heartbeat was good. He gave me a good swift kick as the doctor was listening to the heartbeat and I think he even startled the doctor a bit.

Now I'm home and eating cheese as fast as I can to counter act the disgusting glucose drink I had to ingest. I really have to pray hard and long that this test is fine so I don't have to go and do the other one which sounds even more horrific.

4 comments:

Cara said...

I may be alone in this, but I actually like the glucose drink - it's like really intense orange soda! The trick is not to belch after they make you drink it so fast.

KickButtMommy said...

ooh, I hate it too!!!!!!! Glad you survived.

GrandmaNutt said...

Oh for the good old days when all the OB did was listen to the heartbeat, measure the uterus, and squeeze your ankles to see how the water retention was doing.

Glad to hear that Texas Ranger is a feisty big boy.

Jake and Steph said...

Cara is not alone, it's super sugar Fanta. Yum!