Monday, December 01, 2008

recap of our thanks

We got back late last night from Utah. We had a really nice time visiting with family and friends. Here is a little recap:

Baby Shower


My dearest friend/cousin Lindsay was so kind as to throw me a baby shower while I was in town. I had so much fun seeing family and friends and everyone was so generous to the little man. Here are a few pics of all the attendees (btw, I'm posting these against my own better judgement since I look ginormous in these pics.)


Me, Quinn's Grma Fry, Aunt Michelle and Casey


Mortensen Clan


My old roomie Kaelyn with her little girl Rachel


Kim and Cami, friends from high school


Sisters

Stomach Flu
After the shower I got ridiculously sick with the stomach flu. Not fun and it knocked me out for quite a few days and took all the fun out of eating, even on Thanksgiving.

Halo Fun
About 5 minutes after Quinn arrived, his friends swooped in and picked him up for a Halo reunion. He and about 11 of his closest friends got together for a reunion of sorts and played until the wee hours of the morning. He said it was so good to see people he hasn't seen in forever.

Thanksgiving
My mom made a delicious Thanksgiving dinner. I was able to eat some of it. Later that evening mass quantities of Arnett's came over for dessert and much Wii playing.

Friends On top of everyone I was able to visit with at the shower, I was also able to meet Kristen for dinner, Kim and Cami for lunch, Quinn and I had dinner with Chris and Mandy and were able to catch Kurt and Ashley for a visit as well. It is always nice to see friends after it has been a while.

3 comments:

GrandmaNutt said...

First of all...you don't look ginormous!! You look beautiful. You are in the process of creating a "Texas Ranger" so you might as well give up on the tiny waist look for a while. My mom (Grma Fry) commented on how many friends you had and how big your family was. I told her that Quinn was totally blessed to be part of your wonderful family. Now I wish more than ever that I could have attended your shower.

Your holiday looked great and full of festivities. Rotten luck that you caught a flu bug. Hope that you are feeling better now. See you in three weeks for Christmas.

KickButtMommy said...

I love the pictures and ditto mom, you look stunning as always! I especially like the picture of you and your sisters. Super cute.

Sounds like the rest of the week was fun minus the flu. DON'T get sick when you go to Virginia! It is just no fun to be sick on your vacation!

Cara said...

Being sick while pregnant is the worst bc you can't take any drugs! And you can't move fast enough to get to the bathroom in an emergency...TMI

Oh, and just embrace the roundness. It's the only time you can be round and beautiful and guilt-free!