Friday, November 21, 2008

i survived

Twilight...but just barely. I honestly don't know what I was thinking when I told my sisters to go ahead and get me a ticket to the midnight showing. I'm getting way to old for this type of stuff.

We had planned on going and getting in line at 10 pm. Two hours early. That is my limit, I just don't care that much about any movie for more. But around 7ish we heard reports that there were already lines and long ones at that. Apparently some peeps started to line up at 11 am. Hello? 13 hours before the show. Who are these people? My cousin Lexi and friend went down early and luckily they were able to find out that they were going to seat the theater at 9:30 pm. That's right, an entire 2 and a half hours before the show time. So we decided we better go down there. Luckily we didn't have too wait too long in line outside as it was cold. Here are the Arnett's waiting outside in the cold (Stacey and Mallory joined us a bit later).


Photo courtesy of Lindsay

So then we sat and waited for 2 and a half hours. What was I thinking? I wasn't even excited to see the movie because in my opinion (and I know most people feel very differently) the last book was not good and totally ruined the series for me. The many showings were probably 95% women. But lets just say some of them were super annoying. The amount of screaming and yelling and cheering and screaching in delight each time a new character came on screen was absurd. Seriously, I was almost embarrassed to be participating in the event with them by just being in the theater. To each their own.

I actually enjoyed the movie but I think that is because I had such low expectations for it. However, it did end up being one of the most uncomfortable movie watching experiences of my life. My back hurt so bad by the end of the movie. I was almost praying for someone to come along and snap it in half so I wouldn't feel the pain anymore. But I survived. I was in bed by 3 am and ended up having some of the most restful sleep I've had in a while. So maybe it was worth it after all.

7 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

First of all, I am with you, I am just not that excited to see it. I am however excited to get out of the house sans husband and kids so will go. I could never have lasted 4-5 hours at a theater so I am sorry you had to!

But mostly I just want to tell you how darling you and your baby bump are!

Cara said...

When I was 8 months pg with my first, I went to see the first Harry Potter movie. And that was a long movie to sit through while so pg. I actually packed a turkey sandwich in my purse to get me through!

I'm going to see Twilight Sat afternoon with my husband. Hopefully no screaming ladies.

Kim said...

Get a freaking life people! I can't believe all these stories I'm hearing. You are a trooper to brave it. I will go see it in a few weeks!
Although, I liked the fourth book, the series in general is just ok to me. I enjoy reading them, but in no way have they altered my life, inspired me or brought happiness. I'm actually a little disappointed in the level that Stephanie Meyer stooped to in a lot of her writing!
You said it best...To each her own!
Can't wait to see you tomorrow

Kristy said...

Dude I just love your posts. I can totally hear you saying what you write. I LOVE it! You're so funny. I love that you went to the midnight showing of Twilight. Awesome. Anyway yes Marty got married but only on the 12th of Novemeber. So don't feel too out of the loop. But its good. So really, reading your posts makes me miss you, and Lindsay, and Kim. I miss my single ward friends! Have fun at the baby shower! Give Kaelyn a big hug for me!

GrandmaNutt said...

Poor "Texas Ranger" baby boy having to sit through that movie with all those wild women! What a guy!!! And what a beautiful mom he has. Have a rousing good time at your baby shower today. Wish I could be there, too.

jenna marie said...

I'm with you, when all the girls were screaming as each character were introduced I was a little embarrassed to be part of this silly crowd. I had low expectation too so I was actually releived when I didn't hate it.
PS so sorry I missed the party today, I really wanted to be there!! luv u

FRYBABY said...

So.....I haven't even read the books! That shows how old and surrounded by boys I am!! Had a great time at your shower though. It is always fun to be around family and you sure had a lot to be around! It was great fun!