Monday, November 17, 2008

preparations

I'm spending today making preparations for my trip to Utah for Thanksgiving. I'm finishing up laundry so Quinn can have clean clothes (and me too). I went to the supermarket to buy some skillet meals and cereal for Quinn so I know he won't starve while I'm gone. And P.S. while I was checking out, the checker, a young kid, asked me if I was feeling OK. OK, I have a cold but I didn't think I looked that bad.

And the rest of the day I am spending trying to get the mess that is our car straightened out. For those of you who don't know the clutch went out on the car. We took it in to get fixed. They fixed it but took it out for a test drive and bam! they got hit with all sorts of damage to the front part of the car. Let's just say that the repair shops insurance company moves at the speed of molasses. They accident was about 9 days ago and we just got the claim adjustment on Friday which means I was finally able to start the body shop process today. They are ordering parts which they say might take until Thursday and then once parts are in to count on another 5 days for repairs. Obviously, this will take us right into Thanksgiving with both of us out of town. I'm worried about having to fight the insurance company over having a rental car for that long. But really, they are the ones that have moved so slow. So we will just have to stand our ground on that one!

4 comments:

GrandmaNutt said...

That grocery store checker had issues that day. I had a guy come up to me in church a month ago and tell me that I had gained weight (which I hadn't) and asked me if I would consider changing my hairdo. The rest of the story is that this particular guy is legally blind! Go figure,

About your car.....bummer, but great story. Just hope it all turns out well by the time your car is delivered back to you.
Have a fabulous Thanksgiving.

The Condies said...

I got your shower invite, thanks!!! As of now we are not sure if we will be going to the BYU-UTAH game that day. So if we don't I am there for sure!!!

Jenna and Joe Layne said...

hi! I'm so happy your prego! it seems like yesterday that you guys were only dating and we were all hanging out at good 'ol chamberey (look I've even forgot how to spell it!)

FRYBABY said...

So you were checking out the checker?? Should we tell Quinn? :)