Thursday, December 18, 2008

ice



Quinn and I wanted to do something Christmasy in Dallas before we left for Virginia on Saturday. So tonight we headed out to ICE! at the Gaylord Texan.
It was a virtual winter/christmas wonderland. We loved it. They have this huge tent that they keep at 9 degrees. They hand out parkas to everyone so they can withstand the cold. I was pretty warm except for my nose and at the very end when I was trying to take pictures my hands got really cold. Next time I'll remember to bring gloves. Here are some pics from the exhibit.











Our little family with Santa




This picture does not do the Nativity justice...it was so beautiful.





The lobby of the Gaylord Texan


The life size gingerbread house

10 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

Devry, that is amazing. I have never seen anything like it. What an awesome thing to do!

Dana said...

I'm glad you said they hand out parkas otherwise I would have wondered when the DelHoyo family got all matchy matchy with the winter gear.

jenna marie said...

I scanned the pictures before I read your entry {a weird habit so I know what I'm reading about} and I thought 'oh cute, they are already dressing alike!' I'm happy you guys are going to VA for the holiday, how fun!

Lindee said...

That is soooo cool! I've never seen anything like it. One more reason for Corey to convince me to go to Texas someday! Have fun in Virginia! I'm sure it won't be hard. :)

GrandmaNutt said...

My fav photo was the DelHoyo Family sitting on Santa's lap. Texas Ranger was sooo cute, and so is his mommy.

Dallas puts DC to shame. Glad you got some Christmas glitz before you got here.

Cara said...

9 degrees?!!! Dag-gum! What must their A/C bill look like?!

Oh, did Quinn break out into his Vanilla Ice impression with "Ice, Ice, Baby" ? Just checking.

whitey said...

WOW Devry, thanks for posting pictures they are unbelievable. Love the ginger bread house I assume that was not out of ice? I would get a sugar high standing next to it. The lobby is amazing to, Texans do things in a big way!

Grandpa Airplane said...

Nice Hat Quinn--Your Logo looks great!

FRYBABY said...

I know this is going to be a really dumb question.....but....was it all made of ice??

GrandmaNutt said...

Here it is Jan 2nd, 10 am, and we miss you already. Glad you had a quick trip today. Love you three.