Thursday, December 04, 2008

retail therapy

Quinn and I have not had the best day today. Bad news keeps pouring in about our car. It looks now like they are going to call it a total loss. So now we are all kinds of stressed about what to do. So after freaking out all day I told Quinn I wanted to go to Babies R Us and go shopping.

My Grandma Mortensen has made a tradition out of giving glider/rockers to her grand-daughters when they have babies. So whilst in Utah she gave me an extremely generous amount of money with which to do that. So off we went. With her money and a gift card we were able to walk away with these items.





Quinn and I had a little debate regarding the travel system. We had choices of red, sahara, and green. The green trimmed system also has a metallic hexagon trim. Quinn insisted that hexagons are the shape of the future. So the green trim it is.

Now we are home and I'm making hot cocoa and about to watch The Office. I'm feeling much better now.

8 comments:

Kim said...

Looks like you need to by a mini van!
Join the club...it's not too early:)

GrandmaNutt said...

The car saga is an incredible story. It is anyone's worst nightmare when it comes to a simple car repair.

But the baby furniture is fabulous. Bless your grandmother's heart and fat wallet. No I have to hear the hexagon reasoning b/c that's news to me.

whitey said...

My kind of therapy! Now the baby has new wheels hopefully something good can come up for you two.

Cara said...

That stroller/carseat combo looks AWESOME. Makes my 7 year old equip look like junk! Bites about the car though. We had a car fall apart on us just 2 months after we were married. Talk about stress!

KickButtMommy said...

So sorry about your car issues.

Good job on the travel system. That one is rated #1 in safety, which you probably knew!

I am with Cara, wish I could refresh my baby goods!

GrandmaNutt said...

Today is the day that I get to make another comment b/c today your baby widget dipped below 100 days!!!!! So exciting!!!!! Texas Ranger is growing up.

Nettie said...

WOW, your rocker/glider looks very comfortable! Good choice! You'll be spending some good bonding time with the baby in it that's for sure. Have a Merry Christmas! (Vickers cousin)

the peine's said...

What happened to your car? We need to catch up ASAP. As soon as I can talk (I am sick) I will call you! Miss you! Oh and I love all the purchases :)