Sunday, December 14, 2008

i hate cats

I really do. I don't even feel bad about it. They make my life miserable. We went to Quinn's Christmas party last night. It was at the owners house. He had a cat. I wanted to die. Even the next morning, I still can't breathe, have itchy eyes, and a massive headache.

The party was very interesting. Highlights include having some of the best Mexican I've had since I've moved to Texas. I have been less then impressed with the Mexican food scene here. Its all this Tex-Mex stuff that I just don't care for. That pretty much sums up the highlights. By the time dinner was over, I was really starting to get sick due to the cats.

There was a gift exchange. You were suppose to stick with a $50 budget. We did. We gave the Cuisinart Ice Cream Maker. 50 bucks on the dot. Let's just say some people were big spenders. I think there were about 3 or 4 iPod Nano's and a digital camera in the mix. Who are these people?

The company gave out gifts too. Poor Quinn, his number was the absolutely last one drawn so we ended up with $300 worth of video games. Just what we need. Yeah, right. Luckily, they told us we can have the receipt and take them back to Best Buy. This makes me happy. I'm hoping we can pick up a camcorder so we can record the little rugrat when he arrives.

We got home around 1 am. I was miserable and did not sleep well. I'm still miserable but hopefully the cat attack will start wearing off soon.

7 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

I am sorry to hear about the cats and can totally relate. Maybe you should carry Claritin in your purse just in case. I hope you can exchange the games and get a camera! How perfect!

GrandmaNutt said...

Little Rugrat!!! Now he has a new name. I like the idea of the camcorder cuz rugrats grow fast and moms can forget so quickly. Crazy gift-giving at that party.

Anonymous said...

What was your gift from the gift exchange? Or were the video games that gift? I hate cats too.

Devry said...

We ended up with XM satellite radio kit, which is cool but alas we don't have or want to pay for the subscription.

whitey said...

My daughter is the same way about cats I remember when she was two years old hearing her screaming her head off when I went to see what was wrong there was a kitten crossing the the yard and she freaked out plus she is very allergic to them also. Hope you can breath now.

Cara said...

I'm also allergic to cats. And it's worse being pg bc you can't take any medication! That's funny about the video games! A camcorder is great. We taped Chloe when she was born, then again when she was about 10 days old, and I just watched it the other day and was surprised at how little she used to be! They change and grow so fast and you really do forget - so tape away!

KickButtMommy said...

I would love a small camcorder. The only one we have is the huge one Miles bought for his business and it is so big and expensive I can't use it for little things with the kids. And when he brings it along everyone stares at us! ha ha. At least it gets great video when it is used.