Friday, February 27, 2009

anticipation

It's killing me. I don't think I was done any favors by having early contractions at week 31 and 36 that had to be stop. False starts get your mind going and now that I'm 38 weeks and they would let me just go...of course nothing. I know I shouldn't complain, it's not like I'm overdue or anything, but nonetheless I'm just so anxious and so on edge all the time.

Quinn told me to go to Barnes & Noble to get a book to occupy my time. I want a serious page turner, nothing to serious, just more fluff. Btw, I really should bite the bullet and get a library card. Oh well, that is for another time.

9 comments:

Cara said...

That is good advice from Quinn - how is he so smart for a first-timer? I totally feel your anticipation. It's so hard to wait when you are that close, and especially when it's your first one! Hang in there, it will happen at the right time, and then there is no turning back. In the meantime, enjoy your sleep and go get a book or two! Your little boyfriend will be here soon enough!

whitey said...

No help from me not a reader perfer pictures, when I was PG it was months never in weeks I was told 9 months never knew I had options!

KickButtMommy said...

I wish I could give you sage advice, but while I still feel patient right now, I get completely neurotic at the end and have anxiety attacks every day I don't go into labor. Then it happens and you realize it wasn't that bad of a wait anyway. ha ha.

KickButtMommy said...

Oh, don't know on the book. let me think about it and get back to you.

FRYBABY said...

Good luck on the waiting.....that is probably what we will be doing the days after Asher is born...just waiting to see pictures and hear the birth story! Will Quinn be posting for you while you are recuperating:)?

GrandmaNutt said...

I'll tell you three great, nail-biter books, all by Wilbur Smith. In this order, "River God", "Warlock", and then "The Seventh Scroll". Those will take your mind off your anticipation.

KickButtMommy said...

Woo hoo! Exactly 14 days left on your widget! I am so excited.

GrandmaNutt said...

Actually, since your due date is March 12, your widget should be saying 11 more days to go. Come on, think postitve!!!

jenna marie said...

get a library card! it takes the pressure out of buying a great book. you can check out a bunch and if nothing is keeping your attention, on to the next!