Saturday, February 21, 2009

i finally got it


My sweet sister Stacey gave me a gift card to Williams Sonoma along with a Barefoot Contessa cookbook for Christmas. I've had my eye on the Cuisinart ice cream maker for quite a while. I've only heard fabulous things about it from everyone who has one. So today I finally went and picked one up using the gift card. I'm so excited. I have the bowl in the freezer and I'm eagerly anticipating being able to make some delicious home-made ice cream tomorrow after church. Quinn wants the first batch to be mint chip. I hope it is delicious and delightful as everyone says it is.

7 comments:

GrandmaNutt said...

Hold the phone...I'm coming right over!!!

KickButtMommy said...

im with grandma!

the peine's said...

We have one & love it! Jordan makes gelato all the time in the summer! Wish we were there to share your masterpiece!

KA said...

One tip: Sometimes the recipes in the book it comes with, call for LOTS of cream--in our opinion, too much cream. So, if the recipe calls for, say, 2 cups of cream and one cup of milk, I would flip flop it and do 2 cups of milk, one cup of cream.

Anyway, just a thought. Enjoy!

jenna marie said...

Have you made her apple crisp? The very best ever and I'm not exaggerating on bit. the secret is the macintosh apples. And the lemon and orange!!! It changed my life. You think I kid. I wouldn't dare.

FRYBABY said...

You will eat a lot of ice cream in Dallas!! I miss that Blue Bell!!

GrandmaNutt said...

Yay Devry! Your baby widget has dropped below 20 days, so literally at this point you say, "Any day now!" So exciting!!