Monday, April 17, 2006

Countdown

Only 19 days left. Time flies. Now if we can only get through all we have to do over these next 19 days...finals, moving, last minute wedding preparations.

I know I personally can't wait for my mom to get here on Thursday so I can have a wedding assistant. I came to the realization that planning a wedding would be easy if you had an assistant. I just need someone that I can send on assigments. You know, someone to go pick up a 5X7 silver picture frame or someone to go scour the city for square votive candle holders and someone to help me with tying pink ribbons on all of the boxes. Mom, see all of the exciting things you have to look forward to when you get here??

Easter weekend was great. Saturday we had our annual Easter Brunch since everyone's church schedules made it too difficult to find a time on Sunday. Afterwards, we had an Easter egg hunt for the kids. It didn't take long for Jaxson to figure out there was candy in the eggs. So as soon as he found one egg, he forgot about hunting for more and focused all of his energy on getting the egg open so he could shove the candy in his mouth.

Saturday night we all went up and met Steph and Jake who were in town for dinner. Afterwards we all went to the hotel to go swimming. Good times. It made me very excited for summer and warm weather.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well my darling daughter I can't wait to be your official "assistant" and be indispensable to you. For those of you who are interested Sydnee and I had a glorious day seeing the sights of Moscow. We even ventured down into the maze of the metro and metroed to Larry's office to get a ride home. Sydnee kept asking me if I was sure we were going the right way, how did I know it was the right way, and how many more stops until we were there. But she is a trouper and trouped all over Moscow with me. Sorry Dev I know this isn't my blog but I got going and just didn't stop writing. Love you, Mom of MOB

Anonymous said...

I meant to write Mom or MOB

Anonymous said...

we were very excited to meet quinn and i must say that he did not disappoint! it was great to hang out with you guys, and i think quinn is fantastic. we look forward to spending more time with all of you at the wedding of the year.

Devry said...

Thanks Mom!! Hurry home. I really am in dire need of an assistant!!

Also, thanks for sharing your and Sydnee's adventures around Moscow. I'm only sorry I'm not there to experience Sydnee in Moscow. I'm sure the laughter never stops. Hope you have a great time on the Armory (sp?) tour. I know that was one of my favorite things I did while there. I thought the room of golden carriages and sleds was amazing. Take lots of pictures!!! Oh, and don't forget to send delicious chocolate back with either you, Sydnee or Dad/Mallory.

Anonymous said...

i second the request for chocolate (orange for me)! i've got 50 rubles with your name on it. i was rolling change the other night and had some spare 10 bills. i saved 2 for my unborn children and their school reports on russia, and i have 5 left over. i'm sure that's about 2 cents, but will that buy me some orange chocolate? i shall remain hopeful until i hear otherwise.

Anonymous said...

My dear auntie,

Penee and I have pondered over the likelihood of Syd being nabbed by the Russian maffia. We have also pondered over their sad fate after the fact...

Tell my sister hello and I hope you guys have a lovely time in the motherland!

Anonymous said...

I asked Sydnee what she was enjoying the most about her time in Russia. She said it was the opportunity to become closer to her favorite uncle.