Monday, April 03, 2006

Tidbits

I know it has been long overdue for a new post. Nothing that big and consequential has happened lately. So this is just going to be a random assortment of tidbits.

1. Invitations are out. This is a huge relief. We are still waiting on one or two addresses but besides that I think we have most people covered. Everyone is saying how much they love the invitations. I’m glad. I fell in love with them right when I saw them in the store. And I love them in the pink.

2. We finalized the cake yesterday. My dearest Aunt Candy (c.s. arnett for those that read the comments) came over yesterday for the consultation. We decided on all of the different layers and I showed her the pink ribbon that I would like used for it. I'm quite excited and know it will look amazing.

3. Lexi came over yesterday for a hair consultation. She diligently curled my hair and we came up with some good ideas for the big day. I know I definitely have a clearer vision now of how I would like my hair for the big day. Thanks Lex!

4. Quinn survived his first semi-annual Mortensen post-Priesthood session Pie Night. It was fun, except for the part where I almost stopped breathing due to a really bad asthma attack caused by a house cat. Sorry to all you cat lovers out there, but I have no love for them, as they nearly kill me every time. I dare say I would not be sorry if they were all taken from the earth. I know, I would not miss them. I wasn't in the house for more than 10 minutes before my air passages were nearly sealed shut. Thank heavens my aunt had an inhaler handy that I could huff on throughout the night so I could stay long enough to inhale pizza and some german chocolate cream pie.

5. Also, Quinn is always saying that I have infiltrated his family. I think he has done the same. I was also informed this weekend that it is a go for the next Mortensen family cruise. Apparently, next summer all 40 of us will be setting sail for Hawaii. Mind you, I learned of this development from Quinn and not from anyone in the family, because apparently no one tells me anything.

2 comments:

KA said...

This update was by all means worth the wait. Your choice of cat pictures in this post is the highlight of my morning, while I continue to suffer from spring-forward-induced-exhaustion.

KA said...

PS: Thanks for just informing via IM that you actually googled "evil cat" and "mean cat" to come up with that gem. This makes the highlight ever so much more amusing.