Friday, April 21, 2006

er

Yesterday, Quinn and I got to share another first--our first trip to the hospital!! About 9 am I was sitting at my desk eating some oatmeal and reading emails. All of the sudden, I started to have some pain in my lower back. It started to get worse and worse and then I started to get really nauseated. So I pretty much ran to the bathroom. The pain got so much worse to the point where I was doubled over and couldn't move. Luckily, I had thought to bring my phone into the bathroom. I called Quinn and woke him up and asked him to come get me because I thought something was seriously wrong with me and needed to go to the hospital. While, I waited one of my co-workers found me in the bathroom and stayed with me until he got there.

Once I got to the hospital, I thought the pain was under control. The doctor asked me repeatedly if I needed something for the pain and I kept saying no. Not 3 minutes after he left, I started to have the worst pain I've ever felt in my life. I told Quinn to go find the doctor and tell him I wanted pain medicine ASAP. So they hurried and got my IV in and gave me something for the nausea and the pain and then they gave me morphine and I started to fill a lot better. Anyway, turns out I have a kidney stone. They did a CT scan to see where it was and I guess I'm close to passing it. They sent us home after a few hours with a prescription for pain medicine and a caution against drinking soda. As soon as the nurse started to talk about how soda can cause stones, I wanted to shut her up. I knew that now Quinn would never let me drink soda again. But of course it didn't stop him. On our way home from the hospital, he stopped and got some lunch and ordered an extremely large root beer and then taunted me with it the whole way home!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahh true love! True love is being able to taunt your signifigant other with soda!

Anonymous said...

Save the stone! Save the stone! You might need it for your wedding ring after a few years of being starving young marrieds. I hear kidney stones polish really nicely and are close to a zirconium diamond in hue. I recall selling my most prized musical instruments many moons ago to pay some bills. To this day, I miss those collectibles, but I never missed a meal.

Anonymous said...

This is MOG in Kentucky. Heard this morning from the FOG that you have gone through the ultimate initiation Devry. Cannot think of a worse pain (or so my husband tells me). You are becoming a bonafide DelHoyo...kidney stone and all. It's a DelHoyo thing!! Thank goodness the MOB was there. After surgery last night you should be feeling better today but what a Wedding Horror Story to begin with. Love you, Mom D.

Justin said...

Sorry for the stone passing. At least it didn't happen on your honeymoon!