Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Almost Decision Time

Many of you know that Quinn has applied to The Guildhall at SMU so that he can study video game design. Well, I know everyone is wondering if he got in or not. We still don't know. We emailed the admissions person yesterday to ask when we should know by. Mostly, because I'm getting anxious and need to know what to do about a job and a place to live if we do end up moving in January. Here was her response to Quinn:

"I hope by the middle of next week, our executive director is out until then and he makes the final admission decision...try not to worry, your stuff looks great :)"

Anyway, I was very encouraged by the response and hopefully it will be official before Thanksgiving. That will give us a month and a half to work out the small details like how we will pay for it, get a place to live and find a new job. Just the small details...no big deal.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I believe you should quit your job now; in joyous anticipation!

Cara said...

That almost makes me MORE nervous, when they say, "don't worry." What do you mean, don't worry? It's only our ENTIRE LIVES here!

I know it seems scary right now, but everything will work out for the best. It always does!

And I really want to see you at Christmas, so I have my own selfish reasons for Quinn to be accepted...

lacy lee said...

That e-mail is practically an acceptance letter! And now I'll be the closest relative living near you. Yessssss!

Anonymous said...

Devry, you two are always in my prayers and I also have my fingers crossed and my wishing hat on. Lets see, what else? Rabbit's foot keychain and four-leaf clovers. That ought to do it. Especially since you don't need luck.
You know what they say, "When you're hot the sun shines on you twenty-four hours a day", and I know that Quinn wears sunglasses a lot!! So you have it made. Looking forward to seeing you at Christmas.
Love, MIL

KickButtMommy said...

We are so excited! I can't believe we have to wait another week. So not far!

Still praying for ya!
Heath & Miles