Thursday, November 02, 2006

A Burst of Real Fruit Flavor

Today I opened my first two pack of starbursts. You all know what I'm talking about. The little packs that containi two starburts each. This was one of the candies we passed out at our house for Halloween. I love starburst but had yet to partake. But this morning when I'm on my way out the door, a grabed a pack. I just opened it. It almost brought tears to my eyes...a red and a pink. It is the perfect combination. A true Halloween miracle. I'm just not a fan of the orange or yellow...especially the yellow. And there is nothing worse than opening a two-pack and seeing two yellow starbursts staring you straight in the face. One of my all time favorite Christmas gifts is from Erin. A copule of Halloween's ago, I went on and on about the two-packs and the plight of the double yellow. So for Christmas, she gave me a tin of nothing but red and pink starburts. It was pure delight.

9 comments:

KA said...

I couldn't possibly agree with you more. Even a whole tin of red OR a whole tin of pink wouldn't be as fabulous as a tin full of equal parts of both. Down with the yellow and orange. And DOWN with the alternate sour funky whatever flavors of Starbursts that there are out there.

KA said...

PS: You inspired me to crack open my first 2-pack of the season. I got a pink and a yellow. Blast!

Anonymous said...

double yellow are the pits however I would be willing to trade all my pinks for all your oranges.

lacy lee said...

...I kind of like yellow.

Anonymous said...

I must weigh in on this. I detest the reds and pinks and only like the orange and yellows, with my preference being to the yellows! This works really well when I am sharing a big pack with Jake, or apparently any of you people. Long live the yellows!

Anonymous said...

Can't we all just get along? The flavor is artificial anyway and nothing, I repeat nothing, says flavor like my salsa. I particularly like my red kind with a slight hue of green and just a hint of white. Ummmm, maybe I'll add some pink, yellow and red starbursts to the batch this year.

Anonymous said...

This one time on a road trip I ate an entire pack of Starbursts at once. It was so difficult to chew and so sticky that it pulled one of my fillings clean out of my tooth and dislocated my jaw. Afterwards I was very sore and hyper.

Anonymous said...

I like the yellow, but admittedly they take last place when put up against the pink, orange, and red (in that order).

KickButtMommy said...

I must say, that I used to hate yellow, but now I love it. I can't help it. Yellow and pink are my faves.

Heath