Monday, November 27, 2006

Weekend Fun

We had a fabulous Thanksgiving Weekend. Wednesday night I slaved away making sweet potatoes and an apple pie. Thursday (since I did all the work the night before) I was able to sleep in. Then we went to my aunt Mary's house for Thanksgiving Dinner. Quinn said he had never seen such a mass gathering before for Thanksgiving. I think there was just about 38 of us there for dinner. It was delicious.

After dinner, some of us went to see Deja Vu. It was alright. I would have rather spent the money on seeing The Work and the Glory III but it was sold out so what can you do.

Friday Quinn and I went and bought our first Christmas tree together. It is a rather beautiful tree. We spent the day decorating and had a lot of fun.

Saturday I night we went to a wedding. Afterwards, I was feeling sad that I had to miss the gingerbread house making festivities at my aunt's house, that I made Quinn stop by the grocery store and we picked up our own kit and candy. I spent the next two hourse constructing the house. It is amazing. The roof is tiled in Andes mints. I only wish I had a digital camera so I could post a picture of it in all its splendor.

Sunday was a nice relaxing day at home.

This morning the alarm went off at 6:30 a.m. and after 4 days of no alarm it was a sick sick joke.

7 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

Devry, 38 people! HOLY SMOKES! That is a serious celebration! Your gingerbread house sounds awesome! We have got to get you and Cara a digital camera!

Heather

Devry said...

I know. If only I wasn't so lazy, I probably could have snagged myself one for a really good price on black Friday. But I just like sleeping too much.

Cara said...

I'm with Devry. Sleep over-rules everything. Although food runs a close second.

KickButtMommy said...

Oh yes, although I was pretty ticked when we hit the mall on Saturday and a toy Christian wanted was $30 more than it was in the black Friday ad. But seeing as I stayed in bed until 11 that day, it was definitely worth $30 since I have not done that in 7 year 3 years and 7 days. (2/2/99) to be exact.

lacy lee said...

I'm glad you got to make a gingerbread house. Mine had "Ho" written on both roof sides. It was meant as a shout out to Santa, but has been mistakenly labeled a whore house. Hmph.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I spent the weekend eating turkey and reading Ender's Game and Ender's Shadow. Ho is apparently the standard greeting in the future. Ho Lacy E.