Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Benefits of Moving

Temperature in Orem this morning: 15 degrees
Temperature in Dallas this morning: 73 degrees

Enough said.

In other news, I don't know what has gotten into me. I have a tremendous amount of the Christmas spirit and it came unusually early this year. I'm practical done with all my Christmas shopping. And in another fit of Christmas spirit, I decided I wanted to make cinnamon rolls last night. However, I could only find one package of yeast in the house that had a use by date of 2002. I didn't think that would work. So we all dredged out to the grocery store in frigid temperatures to buy yeast, a cheeseball and crackers, and sparkling apple juice. Then my mom and I stayed up until 11:30 last night making them. They turned out really well. At least everyone at work said so.

I also convinced my mom to make my favorite Christmas cookie. It is a ginger cookie with a lemon/coconut filling. They are hard to make and she hates doing it, but I told her it would bring me much happiness so she agreed. I hope she does it this weekend!

7 comments:

KA said...

It was 70 degrees in Vegas on Thanksgiving day--almost enough to convince me not to come home. And did you know that tomorrow's low could be in the single digits? Kill me.

Devry said...

The news this morning said it was 6 degrees at the airport. That is just insane.

Anonymous said...

So, here we are in Virginia in our shirt sleeves, raking leaves and enjoying watching the hydrangeas and peonies sprout up through the ground, AGAIN! Temperatures in the 60's are just so not right.
AND, you have got the best mom!!!You won't find fabulous cookies like that here in Virginia. Just a warning.
MIL

KickButtMommy said...

Oh man, it is in the fifties here and we are all busting out our down coats and hats and gloves. Will my thin California blood make the trek to Virginia this year?

Nothing can beat mommys! Especially not when cooking is involved.

H

Anonymous said...

You need to call me when the cookies have been made so we can partake.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.