Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Addicted

I think I am officially and ESPN Radio junkie.

The seed was planted a little over a year ago with a power struggle between Quinn and me for early morning TV viewing. Ever since high school, I have always woken up to the Today show. I love me some Matt Lauer, what can I say? I remember being severely depressed when he got married many years ago. Him and Conan O’Brien. But that is another blog in itself.

The point is, soon after we were married I figured out that Quinn prefers Mike and Mike in the Morning on ESPN2 as his choice for early morning TV viewing. At first we compromised. We would flip back and forth during commercials and so on and so forth. But soon, I found myself not wanting to flip back to Today and even turning it directly to Mike and Mike myself. I became a fan. And it hasn’t stopped there. Not only is it on the TV in the mornings while I get ready for work, I can continue to bask in Mike and Mike on my ridiculously long commute downtown. And to top it all off, I now pretty much listen to ESPN radio all day long. Mike and Mike on the drive in, The Dan Patrick show if I happen to be in my car at lunch and the local boys Galloway and Company top off the evening commute home.

Anyway, the point is: I’m now a dedicated sports talk radio listener.

6 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

Devry, I just don't even know what to say to that. Hmmmm

Cara said...

Yeah, weird!

When you start wearing one of those beer straw hats on your way into work, then I'll be worried.

Anonymous said...

Ahhh Devry, never underestimate the Power of Quinn. If you stop to think about it, what else has he brainwashed you about? Has your music choices altered? I know that you are going to see "Transformers, the Movie" with the guys! Are you starting to read the political commentary pages of the newspaper? Do you love to eat sunflower seeds in the shell? Has he hooked you on American Chopper, yet? I know that he has been trying to turn you into a NY Giants fan for years now. But your blog is wedding pink again so you must be holding your ground in some things. Hang on Devry...I'll Saaave youuuu!

lacy lee said...

It's official: I can never ride in the car with you again. Sports Talk?? I cringe at the thought from years of my dad's endless car listening!

FRYBABY said...

Join the ranks of the women surrounded by men! And, yes, mom d "Transformers, the Movie" is heavily anticipated but first we have to see "Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer"....I even saw TMNT with all six of my guys! So what's wrong with sunflower seeds and American Chopper?

Dana said...

You've turned into dad! But I can't make fun I'm a talk radio junkie too, just not sports talk.