Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Age of Love

Last night Quinn sat on the couch last night and marveled at how odd it felt to be home in the evening and how strange it felt to be able to watch TV. He asked me if there was anything good to watch on Monday's. I told him that I haven't really found anything that amazing to watch this summer. So we did a little channel surfing and ended up on Age of Love hosted by Kelly Ripa's husband Mark Consuelos.

For those of you who haven't heard of this show (I suspect most of you) let me set up the premise. Mark Philippoussis (an Australian tennis player) is searching for love. Apparently, he has forsaken his international playboy ways and is ready to settle down. Unbeknownst to him, they have lined up 7 40+ year olds for him to date. Let's just say the look on his face as one by one the women reveal their ages to him is priceless. One whole episode was dedicated to him spending time with the ladies and getting over the shock of dating an older woman. Just when he is getting comfortable they dump the twist on him.

The show then introduce 6 20 somethings into the mix. But the 40's (as they are referred to) are at first unaware that they are competing against the 20's. This is going to get good. The kittens vs. the cougars.

But I will say this. There is only one 20 that has any real beauty. The rest are very fake looking and surprisingly not all that beautiful. However, there were several beautiful 40's. I know I would be happy to look half as good as they did at their age right now let alone when I'm in my 40's. In my expert reality dating show analysis this show comes down to three people: Adelaide (25), Jenn (48) and Jayanna (40).

After watching all two hours of Age of Love the one definitive conclusion that Quinn and I came to is that Mark Consuelos is ridiculously good looking.

3 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

He is ridiculously good looking, you are right. Hmmm, I will have to see if they are reairing that show and DVR it. Sounds interesting!

Cara said...

I have no comment, not being a realty show person myself. I think the last reality show I watched was Boot Camp back in 2000 - 2001.

FRYBABY said...

I think that Tony, Serge, Grandpa Fry and Quinn will all have to agree that the older women are better! Sorry to you who married an older man.....j/k Coree and I will have to check it out!