Saturday, August 18, 2007

The Cultural Phenomenon of High School Musical

Last night Lindsay, Rebecca and I all watched the premiere of High School Musical 2. It should be said that I have not seen the ridiculously popular original High School Musical. However, I do love a musical and it was a lot of fun although very very very cheezy. So I'll probably have to check out the first one. All that being said, Vanessa Hudgens giggle made me want to gouge my eyes out it was that annoying and she seemed to giggle constantly through the entire movie for no apparent reason whatsoever. The other star of the show Zac Efron was not as annoying. But he is entirely too pretty for me. And is it me or does he look like he is constantly wearing makeup.

7 comments:

Sioux said...

I have not seen the first one either, but watched this last night, as well. I had seen Zac Efron in Hairspray, so this was a confirmation to me that he is nice 'eye candy'; but my daughter's say he is just way too pretty for a guy (if you catch my drift)! Anyway, I agree on the cheesy part - but the 10-17 year olds probably love it. And I love all the beautiful ST.George scenery!

KA said...

I haven't seen the 1st one or the 2nd one. But, the 1st one was on TV the other night and Jon was like, "let's watch this for a second to see what everyone's talking about." So we watched the part when those two "don't" try out for the show and do a good job. And I thought, "Ok, I can see why kids love this." But then we got to the gym number about status quo. And they lost me. We changed the channel.

It was my most valiant effort.

Anonymous said...

I watched the first one b/c my nephew Jameson (Frybaby's) was in it and he is as cute as can be. Didn't watch last night b/c we were on the road from Kentucky. Hear that you are traveling, too, Dev...what fun.

jmr said...

i liked him better with the gap between his teeth. made him less pretty.

Cara said...

I thought he was femmy. His dance moves were a little too...fluid. And aftro boy needs a hair cut. I think I prefer the blond kid with the cool hats.

KickButtMommy said...

Missed the second one but want to see it. Loved the first because it was so much fun AND of course because it was filmed at my alma matter.

FRYBABY said...

I loved the first one and haven't seen much of the second one yet.....of course, I myself, am very cheezy so I will probably like it. I know that the first one will ALWAYS be my favorite though because of the cute 'trombone' player who tries to get into as many shots as he can!!