Friday, August 10, 2007

How Does Something So Little Cause So Much Pain



The other night I was outside of the Guilhall talking with Quinn for maybe 15 minutes. In that time I got 4 mosquito bites while of course, Quinn got none. I have two on my hand and one on each foot. And they are driving me crazy. My sleep was so restless last night because I found myself waking up in a fit of scratching. There were points during the night when it felt like my thumb was on fire from the bites and the scratching.

I seriously can't stand these little creatures and I know there must be some good in them some where, but I just simply fail to see it. And why is it that Quinn and I could be standing right next to each other in a sea of mosquitos and he would come out unscathed and I would have hundreds of bites all over me. It bugs. No pun intended.

7 comments:

Cara said...

Get some hydrocortizone my friend. You are sweet blooded and probably allergic. I am the same way, and so is my little Leland. The other boys and my husband never show their bites, but mine swell up to welts and itch for hours. HC cream is the only way to go.

Anonymous said...

Wow, I love the new layout, so fresh! I fail to see what good mosquitos bring to the world, I really don't believe they bring much. I was scratching my own bites as I was reading your blog.

KickButtMommy said...

Ouch I hate those stinkin things!

Anonymous said...

Quinn gets it from me...we are basically vinegar instead of blood and the bugs don't care at all for us. Sometimes it just doesn't pay to be sweet!

Cara said...

Maybe the role of mosquitos is to spread the plague when Armageddon comes. You know, sometimes people just need to be wiped out.

lacy lee said...

I am liking this new blog setup muchisimo. Very sleek!

jmr said...

man that bites. haha. I love the new look of your blog.