Sunday, August 05, 2007

Late To The Party

Tonight I downloaded Dreamgirls from the XBox. Why didn't I heed KA's advice that she gave so long ago (I tried posting a link to her post but Youtube won't let me). I am so mad at myself for not watching this sooner. I blame it on the fact that although I've always liked Beyonce's music, I've never been a huge fan of her public persona and I guess I thought watching a movie with her would just bug. I was wrong. I loved this movie. I wasn't even that big of a fan of Jennifer Hudson during Idol but I definitely see why she won the Oscar. She deserved it. And I absolutely loved the song "Listen" so much that I went straight over to Youtube and found this delight.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I agree Devry I too loved the song listen.

KA said...

I am just sorry you missed it in the theatre. So fabulous.

KickButtMommy said...

Interesting. I didn't LOVE that movie. I thought it was okay but was wondering why JH won an oscar for it. Aside from her amazing voice I wasn't blown away. Oh well! :) Looks like I am the odd man out here. I did like Beyonce though.

shoeaddict said...

I have not watched the movie because I cannot stand Beyonce. Maybe I'm missing out

Anonymous said...

Who's Beyonce?