Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Nancy Grace

I've been wanting to write about this since Monday but of course haven't gotten around to it until now. What better time to blog than 5:30 ish in the morning when you can't sleep.


I am now an official Nancy Grace fan. Many of you might know her from Headline News and CNN. I've seen her many times and have always enjoyed her, but Monday she was a guest host on The View and now I love her even more. This woman has morals and you just have to love her for that especially since you rarely see that on TV today.

First, I was very taken with how genuinely happy she seemed that after 47 years of being single she recently got married and is now pregnant with twins.

But I really fell in love with her during "Hot Topics." First, they started by discussing Usher's called of wedding to his pregnant girlfriend. They panel discussed how the mother wasn't a fan etc... and there might have been some disagreement about what type of wedding to have etc... All Nancy kept on saying was "Well, they should have thought about all of this before they got pregnant." Amen.

Second, they tackled Richard Branson, billionaire and owner of the Virgin empire. In some recent interview he had mentioned that he smoked pot with his son and how it helped to make them become close. The panel discussed whether or not this was good parenting. To be fair, none of the panel thought this was good parenting, however not necessarily for the same reasons Nancy. Joy for instance thought that the parent needs to be the parent and shouldn't engage in behavior like that with your child, suggesting that if you are a pothead you should hide it from your child. Nancy however was appalled that no one had brought up the fact that Hello??? it is illegal, no matter if you do it by yourself or with your child!! Amen, again.

7 comments:

Lindsay said...

1st of all.....let me just say that I'm thrilled to be the first to comment on this post. A rare happening which I will relish.

Secondly I too enjoy me some Nancy Grace. A bit cheesy at times? Certainly but I second your notion that it's sure good to see someone on TV with a few morals who's not afraid to call it like it is.

Anonymous said...

What? You mean there is someone on TV who doesn't 'tap dance' about everything hoping that everyone in the world will love her? How incredibly novel is that?!

KA said...

I know. I enjoy her. It's weird that I caught her on The View too, b/c I rarely watch anymore, now that it's kind of boring. And she was truly and adorably giddy about the twins. Loved it.

KickButtMommy said...

She is one fired up lady. I have to give her that much.

jmr said...

I've watched her a bit, catching the tail end sometimes when I'm looking for my man, Glen Beck, another of the few with standards. I'll be sure to tune in more for her show.

Jake and Steph said...

Goodnight, Friend.

shoeaddict said...

I love it when people with real Christian morals say how they feel and don't back down. It's so commenplace for these people to have the wedding AFTER the pregnany, or the baby (or two).And they are selfish about it.