Sunday, July 29, 2007

Most Delicious Meal Ever?

I may have just made one of the most delicious meals I've made in a long time. Yesterday morning the Food Network was on and it was Guy's Big Bite. He was making flank steak and these potatoes that looked to die for. So I surveyed the ingredients and realized that all I was really lacking was the flank steak and that could be easily solved with a quick trip to the grocer. So I went for it.

So today we had my version of this meal.

Flank steak with a balsamic "wine" reduction. I surveyed online and came up with a good flavor substitution for the Cabernet Sauvignon. And these potatoes really were to die for. Let's just say that you cook the bacon and onions to get all the bacon fat out, then you fry the potatoes in the bacon fat and garnish with the bacon, onions and some Parmesan cheese. Definitely not healthy but quite delicious.


I'm glad Sunday is drawing to a close. We had to speak today in our new ward today and I am ever so glad to have that out of the way for a while. I so wish I had Quinn's gift for public speaking. Now I can settle in and watch hours of Shark Week on the Discovery Channel. Quinn has been waiting for this for a long time.

5 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

Yummy! I am coming right over for leftovers!

I HATE speaking too! Glad it is over for you!

Anonymous said...

You know the perfect flank steak is really referred to as 'plank' steak. The secret ingredient that makes all the difference is to drop the cooked steak on the deck a couple of times before you get it to the table. Yummy!! Just ask Quinn.
Wish I could have been in your sacrament mtg. to hear your talks. I know that you both were wonderful....and that's my mother's opinion.

Cara said...

You go with your Domestic self!

Jake and Steph said...

I am very impressed that you actually cooked something off the food network, this inspires me! And Viva la Shark Week! Did you see the top five survivors of shark attacks tonight? Crazy!

Dana said...

So what did you use as the Cabernet substitute? I need to know because I'm going to have to make that meal.