Tuesday, July 03, 2007

I Love This Man



Let me tell you why.

  1. Last night we used the last of my cash to buy a cherry limeade at Sonic. I need cash to pay for parking downtown. There isn't a WaMu ATM anywhere nearby the office. Quinn told me he would run by the ATM on his way home from picking up his friend from the airport last night while I was at home sleeping. So this morning, in my rush to get out the door, I went back in to the bedroom to wake Quinn up and asked him if he had remembered to get cash. He said "It's in your wallet." So thorough. Why did I doubt?

  2. When I got in my car this morning to begin my hellish commute downtown, he had set the CD player to start playing We Built This City by (Jefferson) Starship. This helped to bring a huge smile to my face. I love this song. In fact, I know practically every word to this song and have since I was very young. I have a distinct memory of recording this song off of the radio when I was about 7 years old and rewinding the tape over and over again as I wrote down all the lyrics. As a side note, We Built This City tops the list of Blender's magazine "50 Worst Songs Ever." I respectfully disagree.

4 comments:

Cara said...

Is Quinn imitating a panda is that picture?

"We built this city on Rock-n-roll!"

jmr said...

Love the pic and hearing about he softer side of Quinn. Tho don't let on that I know or I'll probably get pummeled to remind me of who the tough cousin is.

KickButtMommy said...

What a keeper!

Anonymous said...

I'd love to have money just appear in my wallet overnight. Lucky you!