Monday, July 09, 2007

A Weekend Getaway

We just got back from a really fun but really quick trip to LA. The fun started Friday with a trip to see Transformers. Quinn obviously loved the movie. Below is our family photo with Optimus Prime.
Afterwards we did the Hollywood tourist thing and I spotted the one star I really wanted to see.

Later that night, my SIL Heather put together a fabulous BBQ complete with a chocolate fountain.


Saturday all the ladies headed off to see Wicked and it was fabulous. Loved it so much!!

Then what trip would be complete without a trip to the La Brea Tar Pits?

The night was finished off by meeting Quinn's Uncle, Aunt and two cousins (whom I had never met) for dinner. It was a lot of fun.

Quinn and I left Sunday afternoon. I got the privilege of sitting next to a little boy who really liked my SIL's cookies. He even was so bold as to ask if he could have all of them. Oh, yeah, and he asked if my wedding ring was real and when I said yes, he called me spoiled. Let's just say he was a little odd.

Now back to the grind. Quinn started his 3rd term at the Guildhall today. I can't believe how fast time has gone by. My parents are coming on Friday and I'm very excited to see them. This last weekend reminded me how great it is to be around family.

13 comments:

Justin said...

Glad you liked Transformers and loved Wicked. Now don't you think you should comment again about the new 7 wonders of the world?

Devry said...

Never fear Justin, that will be my post tomorrow.

KickButtMommy said...

I am so glad that you were able to check the tar pitts off your must see list! Glad I could help out.

What a cheeky little boy!

KA said...

You don't think you could go into a bit more detail about your love for Wicked?

Devry said...

For KA: Wicked was fabulouso!!! The music and story were fantastic. It was full of delightful surprises, twists and turns. I adored Galinda. Genius. The songs were fantastic and I want nothing more than to listen to the soundtrack over and over again. Wicked is a must see!!!

KickButtMommy said...

Oh yeah, and way to be succinct. You said with just a few pics and words, what it took me paragraphs and albums to acheive!

Cara said...

Good to have you back on the blog. I'm glad Quinn got to meet his hero - Optimus.

the peine's said...

I love other people's kids! They say the funnies stuff! I'm glad you had fun in L.A.!

the peine's said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
KA said...

Right, ok, thank you. And ditto.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful photos and a fun wrap-up of the weekend activities. Sushicat and I got to your gate 75B just as the doors were being shut. Sushicat had trouble checking in her liquid filled suitcase. But the gate agent said that all SAs were on board so we were happy for you. Lucky little boy to sit next to you and next to Kickbutt's cookies. Let's do it again sometime. Say hi to your folks for us.

JerzyGrl said...

I'm glad you had fun in L.A.! You would've had even more fun...if you had headed towards the beach in my direction (Santa Monica) to say hello. Next time I guess...

Anonymous said...

Um, excuse me - how do you fly out to L.A. and not tell me? Rude!