Monday, July 02, 2007

A New Discovery

Redbox. Whoever invented this little contraption needs to win an award. I think I'm late coming to the party, but I am now a full on convert. I need never step foot in a video rental store again. We had our first experience with Redbox (actually a knock-off version at our grocery store) this weekend. It has a great selection and is most convenient. And you can't beat the price. A buck for a new release. Plus, no hassle of going to the video store which I have always hated. When I want to really see a movie I would rather buy it at Walmart than go to the video store to rent it and sign away your rights to your first born.

This last week we have also been on a Thai cuisine kick. My obsession started a few years back when Elise and I took a Thai cooking class together. It was so much fun and we got some great recipes out of it. This last week I've just been making up my own recipes and so far they have all turned out quite well. This weekend we even made a trip to an Asian grocery store so I could re-stock some of the essentials like fish sauce, oyster sauce, and Thai spices. I even found a recipe online to help recreate Jeweled Beef from Thaifoon. We tried it last night and it was pretty tasty. I think tonight I'll make a similar creation but use chicken instead of beef and see how that turns out. Should be fun.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Look at you all domesticated! I should take a lesson from you. Re the Redbox, there is never less than 10 people in line at that thing at Albertsons. I think I will set up a concession stand next to it, make a little extra cash. Wildly popular indeed!

Cara said...

You go with your Thai self.

KickButtMommy said...

Wow, guess I know who will be doing the cooking this weekend! :)

Anonymous said...

Okay, in-laws are coming to visit now that we know you are the gourmet chef. We knew that Q was insanely lucky in marrying you but little did we know that you would turn his culinary world upside down. Maybe you can get him to like vegetables. He told me that he always eats the food on his plate that he dislikes the most so watch him from now on and you'll get the big clues. Like Q has always told us...."Devry is AMAZING!"