Saturday, July 14, 2007

The Parentals

My parents flew in for the weekend. I picked them up from the airport on Friday afternoon. That evening we met one of my mom's friends from grade school for dinner. It was very nice to meet her.

This morning we headed downtown and visited the Sixth Floor Museum and other JFK sites. The Taste of Dallas was also going on this weekend so we walked along and did some shopping in all the fun booths they had set up. Below is a picture of my mom and Quinn with the Gator set up at the booth serving friend alligator.


We then headed over to the Cheesecake Factory for lunch. See how happy my parent's are waiting for their cheesecake?


Afterwards, we all went and watched Transformers. Quinn said he liked it even more the 2nd time.


We ended the night with a trip to get some gelato and then out to see the Dallas Temple. It looked very beautiful all lit up at night.



We dropped my parents back at the hotel because everyone was exhausted after a long day. Tomorrow we get to go to church with them and then who knows what. Should be fun.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your mama looks so skinny!

KickButtMommy said...

Looks like you are having a lovely time. Visits from parents are the best!

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you to be with your folks and to see 'Transformers' a second time. The Dallas Temple looks beautiful. Enjoy another wonderful weekend. Love you all.

jmr said...

How fun to have your parents there!

lacy lee said...

Hooray for Kathy and Larry! I call their next trip should be to AZ.

Cara said...

I'm surprised Quinn hasn't designed a Transformers game yet.