Wednesday, July 11, 2007

A Potter Summer

We just saw Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix. I thought we were going to see Transformers again, but Quinn surprised me with HP. I didn't even know it came out today.


Quinn said it left him a little wanting. He said he thought it lacked a mystery which is what he enjoys about the other movies especially 1 and 2. But he said to be fair, he probably felt this way because he isn't a huge fan.

I, on the other hand, really enjoyed it. But I'm sure that is because I'm a fan and read the books. I did forget how much I disliked Harry in book 5. He is moody and at times annoying. But I find this to be true to life. Who wouldn't be after dealing with the things he has been for the past 4 years. Thankfully, the movie doesn't harp too long of this side of Harry. Dolores Umbridge was delightfully devilish and Ralph Fiennes as Voldermort is fantastic again. The final showdown of the movie was exciting and left me wanting more. I can't wait to start reading book 6 tonight so I can be totally prepared for the release of 7.

Only 9 days and 11 hours left!!!

7 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

I wanna go, I wanna go.

Cara said...

Devry you are good to reread book 6 this week. I was hoping to just be able to read the last few chapters to lead me into book 7. Book 5 was my least favorite, too, but I think it will distill down into a good movie. We're going on Saturday!

Anonymous said...

I am so impressed with you girls who can read a book, remember it, and then enjoy the movie for its own contribution. Me? I enjoy the movies b/c I can never remember the books...and that's due to my swiss cheese brain and not the caliber of the books.

Dana said...

I really liked the movie as well. We actually all talked about how it might be a hard one to watch because in the book Harry was so whiney and Dolores Umbridge made you want to scream with frustration.But they really didn't dwell on Harry's moods and Dolores was pitch perfect.

the peine's said...

I loved it as well. I have a love/hate relationship for Dorlores. I loved all her pink outfits & hated her cats and her personality! :)I would see it again!

Ryan Brijs said...

I need to see this movie, I didn't not participate in the midnight showing that my wife went to.

KA said...

I need to see it too. And since Jon couldn't possibly care less about it, I think I will hand our child over to him while I go and partake...