Thursday, August 02, 2007

The Return of the Hallowed XBox

About three months ago our Xbox 360 finally went kaput. We called Microsoft and asked how much it would be to fix since we have had it more than 1 year and the warranty had expired. It was going to cost around $150 dollars. I said forget it. We would try to find somewhere around here to fix it. So I googled repair shops and found one that said they did consoles. So we drove the 30 minutes to the shop and they had it for 1 week supposedly doing a diagnostic. Let's just say that after 7 days they hadn't even looked at it. I had to get a little stern with them and finally they looked at it. Well, the guy would never return phone calls and his maybe 12 year old son manned the shop. Finally after much persuading I got a call back and all the guy said was that it could not be fixed. So we drove back down and picked it up. We were at a lost as to what to do. Then maybe a few days later Microsoft announced that because they have been having so many problems with the 360's getting the same error they were extending the warranty on all 360. Great, we thought. Except that ours had now been torn apart which often voids the warranty. But we called Microsoft and they said it was no problem. So we sent off the 360. Well, today we finally got our new 360 in the mail. I was so excited. I could not wait to get it set up. I have really missed XBox Live and my favorite games like Zuma and Boom Boom Rocket. But I did have this moment of realization today that I have officially been turned into a gamer. How did this happen?

6 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

Oh no Devry, you have gone to the dark side.

jmr said...

uh oh! do you have a sweet gaming nick name yet?

Anonymous said...

Devry, that is sooo scary. When you married Quinn you were supposed to bring out the mature, sophisticated, intelligent qualities in him (hopefully) to match your qualities. Not him turning you into "A GAMER!!" Now, who is the stronger force?!! I can hear it now..."Go with the force, Devry, go with the force."

Cara said...

Ahhh, the power of Quinn.

KA said...

Was No Reservations any good?

Devry said...

I really liked it. It was surprisingly sad but left you feeling good all over in the end. Also, it is a super clean movie which is hard to find. Also, Quinn really enjoyed it.