Thursday, May 15, 2008

birthday in review

Thank you to everyone who made my 30th birthday so special. I really appreciate all the well wishes I received via phone, card, blog, facebook or in person. It was a great day.

My mom took me shopping where I picked out a fun summer outfit. That night most of my family headed up to Texas Roadhouse for a delicious dinner. Who doesn't love a yummy steak to celebrate your birthday. Afterwards we came home and Lindsay and Lexi joined us for cake.

My mom made a delicious layered lemon cake with lemon curd filling topped with whipped cream and strawberry. So yummy!




Sadie and me in our party hats.

I opened some fantastic gifts. All my culinary dreams came true. My in-laws game me the W&S cupcake cake pan that I have been coveting.



Quinn gave me the W&S pancake molds which I can't wait to use. Anyone want to come over for breakfast?



I'm finally able to start my Le Creuset collection thanks to my Mom.



And my sisters gave me this darling Flirty Apron.



The fun continued yesterday when Dana took me to lunch at The Cheesecake Factory and then we spent some time at Steve & Barry's where everything in the store was $8.98. It was so much fun.

7 comments:

Cara said...

So 30 ain't so bad afterall? All you cooking stuff looks so cool and fun. I love the apron.

KickButtMommy said...

If only you had your husband there, it would have been absolutely perfect! That cake looks delish and you look fab too!

Anonymous said...

Now that's worth turning any age for. What a great day for a great lady. Glad it was full of love, attention, and yummy birthday cake. Tell your mom my b-day is on 9/1 and I expect a cake!!! j/k

jmr said...

I'm up for breakfast! Your new apron is too cute! You make me want to cook something Devry :)

KA said...

I'm glad you had a good day. Is Steve and Barry's in the same mall as the Cheesecake Factory?

the peine's said...

I love all your gifts. I want to come over for breakfast. Your cake looks AMAZING! Is there any left? Could you bring me a slice tomorrow? Or if it is all gone can Kathy make another :)

wendy said...

happy belated! Love all the gifts! I am jealous!