Saturday, May 17, 2008

congratulations

Congratulations to my amazing sister Dana and my equally as amazing cousin Lacy who ran 26.2 miles today in the Ogden City Marathon. As spectators, we had a fantastic day as well. We caught our first glimpse of the running duo around mile 18 up in the canyon around 10:50 am.

Here are a few pics.


Notice my uncle HB running along side catching it all on film.


Dana at mile 18 looking fresh as a daisy.


Jaxson at mile 18.

After a quick pit stop at the gas station for some treats we trekked into Ogden. Here are some pics of the big finish.


View of the finish line


My mom, Mallory and Me waiting with our signs at the finish line.


Here they come, seconds away from finishing!


Lacy--tired.


Enjoying what I'm sure was a delicious post-race creamsicle.

I also have a picture of a post-race blister on Dana's foot, but I'll spare you that.

Anyway, it was such a fun day and I am so proud of my super athletic sister and cousin. You guys rock!

Check Dana and Lacy's blog soon for a detailed account and pictures.

5 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

Your sister and cousin are very inspiring! I am beyond impressed!

Anonymous said...

Yay! I was hoping for a blog post about this! Big props to Lacy and Dana and Jackson, who looked surprisingly fresh at mile 18. We are very impressed up here in Idaho!

Anonymous said...

Incredible! 26 miles...running uphill on asphalt!! Hopefully they received more than just that creamsicle and blister. Hats off to Dana and Lacey, and to their many boosters (especially HB who ran 26 miles, uphill, backwards, taking pictures).

Kim said...

Yea, running a marathon just doesn't appeal to me. Good for them! It really is amazing. So glad it wasn't me:)

Justin said...

Ok now I'm starting to feel like these over-achievers were just looking for some blog-love. Bloghogs!!!

(But seriously, folks, it's pretty cool what they did...)