Monday, September 15, 2008

ob update

I finally went to the doctor today. There was a little delay while we sorted things out with our insurance. I was very pleased with my doctor. She is very petite, cute and attentive...all important, right? Anyway, she said all looks good and I'm 14 weeks and 1 day along. The baby's heartbeat was a good 155 bpm. She did an ultrasound and I was able to make out a head and a torso with a spine. It was very cool to finally be able to finally see what has been making me so sick for so long. I've gained 4 lbs. I'm sure I'm the only one who throws up everything she eats and still manages to gain weight. Oh, well.

And along the sick lines, a miracle has happened. Over the last few days I have started to feel so much better. I have had a few vomiting relapses (last night and this morning) but overall I feel worlds better. I guess it happens just right on schedule.

10 comments:

Lindsay said...

So excited that you got to see the baby! I'm glad you are feeling better and that you and baby are healthy :)

Cara said...

Yay, second trimester! You will love being pregnant until about 7 months along...then it's all downhill!

KickButtMommy said...

I love seeing your floating baby! How much fun is that? Congrats on making it into the 2nd trimester and on feeling better. Soon enough you will feel that little one kicking like crazy!

Anonymous said...

YES! YES!! YES!!! There's a baby widget on Devry's blog!! Grandma is sooo happy and sooo excited.
And, by the way, being half way through your pregnancy and only gaining 4 pounds is incredible. No wonder you looked so good in the photo of you and Cameron outside the Dallas Temple. There's is finally light at the end of the tunnel for Devry!!
Congratulations you two....mommy & baby. Congratulations to you, too, Quinner.

GrandmaNutt said...

Okay, that was just me above. As you can tell, I got a little carried away and even forgot who I was.

Kristy said...

Okay can I just say one more time how excited I am that you are pregnant! I'm glad that the throwing up phase is over. I can't wait for you to feel the baby move!

Anonymous said...

Ah yes, it's much better from here on out! Congrats on making it this far and growing a healthy baby!

Anonymous said...

Did you get printouts? You should scan them and send them out. I am sure he or she is so cute already.

the peine's said...

This is so exciting! I can't wait to meet little D

jenna marie said...

I'm glad you are feeling better and that Ike didn't get you guys. I think I'll go stock up on candy just in case of a natural disaster too! Who needs wheat and canned stuff?