Wednesday, September 10, 2008

ramblings

i just want to ramble today...

I feel like I could write a book on throwing up. It would be full of tips and tricks like try throwing up in the dark, then you can't see what you are throwing up and you will still be able to eat it again, or try to avoid things like leaning over to load clothes from the washer to the dryer, this causes one to start dry heaving.

I actually made dinner on Sunday. This is a huge feat. I haven't been able to stand cooking for a month or so. It just makes me so sick. I made tacos (yes jla I even made your salsa) and we even had people over. I made tons of meet, tortillas etc...because I figured as long as I was cooking I should make a lot so that we can eat them over the next few days, but of course the next day I had to go and throw up the tacos after I ate them. No more tacos for me.

I didn't shower for two days. I showered Sunday for church and didn't shower again until yesterday evening. That was a new low.

My new obsession is freezing orange juice or lemonade and then eating it in the morning by chipping away at it, like flavored ice chips. I use to do this all time time when I was younger and it is really hitting the spot these days. It is about all I can keep down in the morning and even then not always.

Can you tell that my life pretty much consists of sleeping, eating and throwing up? Then the cycle starts all over again

10 comments:

KA said...

Truly hideous. I am very sorry for you. How many more days left until the 2nd trimester begins?

KickButtMommy said...

I can't complain when I read that. I must have it easy!

Kristy said...

I love your ramblings:) I'm sorry you're not feeling so hot. It will all be over before you know it, I promise:)

Kim said...

I feel your pain, girl! I could help with your book of tips...I found that I like to throw up in the kitchen sink where the disposal is. My head in the toilet makes me even more sick and throw up more. So I keep a bottle of pin-sol right by to dump down after each "episode."
You HAVE to eat. No matter how awful it sounds, just something in your body. It will help you feel better all around. Also, talk to your doc about anti-nausea pills. They help!
Hang in there. It's all worth it. Believe me, I've done it 3 times!

Anonymous said...

Sweet Devry. Pregnancy makes you wonder why women ever have children, doesn't it?! It also, I hope, helps you to appreciate your own mother even more.
Dad and I are anticipating hearing about your OB visit this week. We are excited to hear all about your wee little one with the curls, dimples, and freckles. What a doll!

Cara said...

Actually the frozen orange juice thing sounds pretty good...I may have to try it! I went to a youth activity during my third pregnancy where one of the refreshments was frozen strawberry lemonade in ice cube trays. I single-handedly ate one tray. The Laurels thought I was funny. I just thought it was good!

Lindsay said...

Hang in there D! I'm so sorry that it's been such a challenge, but I know you're up to it. I hope this phase is over pretty soon.

Love you!

Anonymous said...

That's why I blend my salsa really thin so there are no "chunks". So, since you won't eat tacos anymore, can I have the recipe back and swear you to never use it again in this life or the next? jla

Cami said...

Wow Dev, poor girl. I hope this doesn't last. But, I always try to remember that it is a good sign to be sick - it means your baby is growing and developing! Can't wait to hear what you're having and all your plans for it!

Anonymous said...

Poor DVRers! Don't worry, this will pass and you will have a couple of awesome months when you feel great. And then you will start feeling like an elephant, but that's another story. :)