Friday, September 05, 2008

catching up

We were living in a dead zone for the past week or so with no TV or internet. We finally got up and running Wednesday night and it feels so nice to be back in the loop.

Cameron came to visit Quinn and I for Labor Day weekend. We had such a great time visiting, eating good food, shopping, going to the temple, seeing where JFK was shot and playing Halo (not me, just Quinn and Cameron).


Here is Cameron in the street where JFK was shot with the grassy knoll in the background.


Cameron and I outside of the temple


Quinn and Cameron at the temple.

Also, I've developed a new obsession thanks to Quinn. During our TV blackout he introduced me to Lonesome Dove.



I'm so mad at myself for not knowing about the delights of this miniseries for the last 20 years of my life. Robert Duvall and Tommy Lee Jones, how did I not know about this? Anyway, I really enjoyed it and now I'm on a quest to get everyone to watch it. While I was watching it for the first time I really couldn't stop thinking about it.

10 comments:

lacy lee said...

Well, now you're officially LD's favorite niece.

KickButtMommy said...

That is the coolest temple. I have never seen it. Congrats to Cameron and what a fun visit. I LOVE Lonesome Dove! YAY!

Anonymous said...

How in the world did your brother hook up with that MIB (Men in Black) dude at the Temple?
BTW (Heather taught me that acronym), you DO NOT look pregnant at all. What a great weekend for you DelTexans.

Anonymous said...

Lonesome Dove is truly a classic...so mucy better than that P&P crud. In fact, no one other than Clint Eastwood or John Wayne can play a cowboy better than Cowboy Duvall and Cowboy Jones.
JLA

ld said...

Wait a minute. Hold the presses. Never heard of Lonesome Dove…say what?????!!!!

Helloooooooooo…Lonesome Dove & ld = (ld)2.

Now, I know what they mean when they say, Can't see the forest for the trees.

Devry said...

ld, i had heard of it obviously, but i didn't know the details, like that it was awesome and that it starred Duvall and Jones.

Cara said...

Quinn is full of surprises that one. We've gotten used to no TV ourselves, but no internet was a killer.

Dana said...

I'm with your MIL you don't look pregnant. I may now check out Lonesome Dove. Sorry LD, I just needed a second endorsement.

FRYBABY said...

It's amazing how small the Dallas Temple is and where it is situated... right in the middle of a neighborhood. We had quite a few wonderful experiences there! But we had to travel 4 hours to get there.....

Chea said...

I wanted to name taryn , July because of this movie. I also hate rude behavior in a man. I wont tolerate it. too fun