Tuesday, January 06, 2009

30 weeks

I went to my 30 week appointment today. Pretty much just business as usual. However, the other night I was reading in my pregnancy book and realized that they had never given me the Rhophylac shot at 28 weeks for being RH negative. So I brought it up today at the appointment at which point the Dr. thanked me for reminding her. No problem, although I probably shouldn't be the one doing the reminding. So I had to go have more blood work done and then come back and get a nice shot in the back side. It hurt. But I now feel better at least knowing that the injection was given and that hopefully there won't be any problems due to the RH factor.

7 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

You are getting so close....I am RH negative and have had lots of those shots, they do hurt but are no big deal. These men are trouble huh? Them and their positive blood types.

GrandmaNutt said...

I didn't know you were RH neg! Smart woman to keep the doctors on their toes. Gotta take good care of the little rascal.

KA said...

I have to say, it drives me crazy when doctors aren't on top of such things. Hello? Not really your job, you know?

FRYBABY said...

Believe me.....it will happen more than once in your lifetime, having to inform the doctor what is needed! It is unfortunate but it pays to research and know everything you can about your own body! Glad you got that taken care of. I'm a positive girl and Tony is the negative! It is a lot easier that way!

Cara said...

Devry rocks.

You're in the home stretch now!

Kristy said...

Sweet only 66 days to go! I can't believe you are only 10 weeks out. Crazy how fast that flew by...for me anyway:) I'm sure it did for you too once you got past the vomiting part right?:) How annoying you had to remind your doctor...good thing you were reading that book. They should have paid YOU for that visit. I think the next post is a 30 wk. belly shot right?? You're doing so great girl!

Anonymous said...

I am also rh -. remember to remind them to also give you another shot after delivery!