Wednesday, January 28, 2009

a visit

This last week my mother-in-law Vicky was in town. Quinn and I had so much fun having her stay with us. We worried that we might bore her too much since we lead a pretty low key life, but I think/hope she enjoyed herself. She got to experience the extremes of Dallas weather from 80 degrees to an ice storm all within 6 days. Got to love it. She and I went up to Mckinney and had fun browsing through all the antique shops. We stopped at the outlet stores on the way home and bought Asher way too much clothing, but it was fun and I couldn't help myself. We watched movies...Pride & Prejudice, Pirates of the Great Salt Lake and The Lakehouse and played a couple fun games of Trivial Pursuit. We had big plans of sewing a couple of baby blankets but when I took my sewing machine out of the box that it has been sitting in for the past year since I got it, it was missing the foot pedal. Oh, well. She helped me pin the blankets and now I'm just hoping I don't ruin them too much in my attempt to sew them. She left this morning and we miss her already. Thank you so much for visiting us!!!

2 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

I am sure she needed a low-key week after the chaos of a working mom, 3 crazy kids, a dog, and some serious painting. Poor lady! Sounds like you treated her very well.

GrandmaNutt said...

Devry, your home is the spa of my dreams. Every minute a cool, refreshing joy. Thanks for the great memories, food, and excursions. Looking forward to the month of March and the arrival of Mr. Asher. Love you.