Thursday, January 29, 2009

finally finished

Yesterday I finally finished the afghan I had been working on for Asher. I bought the yarn just a few days after we found out we were having a boy. I worked on it quite a bit at first and then it sort of slipped through the cracks. Once I only had 8 weeks left to go I felt a little bit of pressure and picked up the pace. Here are the results. I'm actually quite pleased with how it turned out.

The nursery isn't put together yet but I did make progress today by buying a mattress...it was the last real necessity we needed before he gets here.

11 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

I LOVE IT! You are such a good mama!

the peine's said...

Devry you are amazing! I am going to need you to make me one too :)

GrandmaNutt said...

Perfection! Asher is such a well-loved son already. What a fortunate boy.

whitey said...

Love your color selection, it looks like a nice cozy afghan for him to be wrapped up in.

Cara said...

Well, that looks way nicer than the ones I made for my first three babies. They've told me they want me to make them new ones bc they ones they have are insufficient. That's gratitude for you!

KC& Sterling said...

oh my gosh! that is so cute! you have so many talents! I love the colors!!

lacy lee said...

very cute! I can't wait to meet him!

Anonymous said...

Well apparently there is no end to your domesticity. I love the afghan!

KA said...

It's fabulous! Well done!!!

jenna marie said...

such great colors! love the stripes too, very boy. very Asher. :)

Megs said...

can you PLEASE teach me how to do this???? It's beautiful Devry!