Tuesday, January 20, 2009

32 weeks

Just got back from my 32 week appointment. Nothing too exciting to report. I was down 1 pound from last appt which means that over my last 4 appointments (the last two plus months) I have not gained any weight. This makes me very happy. However, it has not slowed down Asher at all who the doctor informed me probably weighs about 4 1/2 lbs right now so I'm probably looking at an 8 lb-er. This scares me. The doctor I saw today (back up for my usual doctor) is big on drinking 96 oz of water a day. He harps on this every time I see him. I just want to ask, is that even possible for a pregnant lady to drink that much?...I really think you would never be able to leave your house or the vicinity of a bathroom as a pregnant lady if you drank that much water.

In Quinn news, he went rock climbing last night with some guys from work. They have recruited him to start going twice a week with them. He told me earlier today that his hands are paying the price...that it hurts to even use a mouse at work.

7 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

I love hearing the updates on baby Asher. I can't wait to see the little man, or big man as it may be. Don't listen to their estimates on size, though. They really have no idea what they are talking about. They told me Ella would be tiny and she was almost 8 lbs. And I mean as I was pushing they told me she would be tiny. Shows what they know! :)

p.s. Grandma Nutt is excited to get over there and play with Asher's parents for a bit!

Anonymous said...

Quinn was my smallest baby but he grew up to be the biggest of his brothers. And speaking of Q....does his rock climbing mean he is away from home for two nights a week? Beats the bowling alley, I guess.

Cara said...

Yeah, doctors don't know anything about baby size or due date. It's all guesswork. And don't be scared, I delivered 2 babies over 8 pounds. It's the 10 pounders you need to be scared of!

Anonymous said...

One word: Epidural

whitey said...

96 oz ! I had to go potty just thinking of all that water let me guess is he male?
Let him try and drink all of that plus pack a bowling ball on top of his bladder and see it it works for him!

KA said...

Congrats. I gained all the way up to the moment when they induced me. And then I'm pretty sure I gained more during the delivery.

FRYBABY said...

My smallest was 8 lbs.!! And I had five...what was I thinking???? Actually my biggest babies were more content and the 10 pounders aren't a whole lot harder to deliver than the 8 pounders....if that makes you feel any better:) Big babies seem sturdier too....is that what I had?.....STURDY BABIES?? You will be so thankful when he gets here that size will definitely not matter at all:)