Sunday, January 11, 2009

curious



Friday night Quinn and I went to see The Curious Case of Benjamin Button with some friends. Overall, I really enjoyed the movie. It is long at just under 3 hours, but it never felt long to me. Since seeing it, I've been wanting to read the short story by F. Scott Fitzgerald. So this morning I googled it and found it here. I was really surprised at how different the story and the movie are from each other. They have virtually nothing in common except for the title and the basic premise of being born old and aging backwards. The story is interesting, but the movie is much much better.

5 comments:

Cara said...

I've heard good things about it. We'll have to put it on our Queue for when it comes out on DVD.

Lindee said...

Corey and I liked it as well, but the almost 3 hours definitely got to me. I needed an intermission! It'd be great to watch at home though.

KickButtMommy said...

Can't wait to see it! Hope my back can handle sitting that long! :)

Anonymous said...

Jake and I triple loved this movie. I could tell this was a good movie to me when I was still interested after two hours. So good!

Anonymous said...

So how did the movie resolve the problem of the two love interests passing each other in opposite directions of aging? Kind of a strange premise.