Saturday, January 13, 2007

Ice Storm

The weather so far in Texas has been interesting. Two nights ago we slept with our window open. Then yesterday it was in the 60's all afternoon and I had the windows open. Then in a matter of about 2 hours the temperature plummeted. If all goes as the weather stations are predicting, we will be experiencing our first Texas ice storm tonight and tomorrow. It should be interesting. Although, I will say the news was freaking me out a bit last night with how bad it could get. But we went to the grocery store and and bought some food in case the roads are too treacherous for us to go out this weekend. Maybe if I get really lucky, my flight will be cancelled tomorrow night and I can delay my return to Utah for another day.

Quinn is heading out to the Guildhall this morning to get some homework done. I'm going to stay here and finish up the last details of unpacking. It is just the odds and ends left.

4 comments:

KickButtMommy said...

Its 40 degrees here in socal. I don't get it! This is not why I live in CA! :) We will keep our fingers crossed that your flight gets grounded!

Heather

Anonymous said...

The temperature here in Moscow is in the 40s and there is not a smidge of snow. Ice storms serve Quinn right for being so smug all December about how warm you guys were going to be in Dallas and how cold we would be in Moscow. Hope you have a cozy indoor weedend anyway. Love, KMA

Anonymous said...

Gee, it's 65 degrees here in NoVa but dark and dreary. The jonquils and hosta are already through the dirt and ready to bloom! Guess I just have no excuse to stay indoors baking cookies and reading a book. Dang!
Mom D

Anonymous said...

It was -10 here in Orem last night. I hope you are glad to come back.