Wednesday, January 31, 2007

AI

I did not get to watch American Idol last night as Jaxson and I made a trip up to Salt Lake to visit Stacey. So naturally, I read the recap today on msnbc.com. My favorite excerpt from the recap is below:

This year’s Kellie Pickler?
Jamie Lynn Ward definitely belongs on some sort of television show. A 17-year-old from Reidsville, North Carolina, she dreams of being this year’s Kellie Pickler, complete with the straight-out-of-the Lifetime-Channel back story. She lives with her grandmother and takes care of her father — who’s paralyzed because he caught his wife cheating on him, shot her and then himself.

Ward says that if she wins, she’ll buy her grandmother a one-story house so it’ll be easier for her dad to get around. That would make her a candidate for “Extreme Makeover: Home Edition,” though the nature of the shooting may not quite offer the feel-good scenario that the producers of that show usually have in mind. But it was that back story that got her to Hollywood, since her voice is a lot rawer than even Pickler’s was at this stage of the completion.


In other news, Quinn had his first mid-term in Game Studies the other day. He aced it. He got a 98.5%. I'm very proud.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

We talked to Quinn a half hour ago and he mentioned that he loved the school and was 'doing well' in his classes. He didn't mention the midterm, so thanks for the extra details. In a few more years you'll be able to order those cakes from Baltimore!

Anonymous said...

I saw Jamie Lynn Ward last night and not only is her voice more raw she seems more "rural" than Ms. Pickler, which is a feat in itself. Also, congrats to Quinn!

KickButtMommy said...

That is awesome! Way to go Quinn.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I am pretty sure Jamie Lynn got by because of her incredible story, not because of her incredible voice. My favorite part is when they show the judges reacting to her story about her daddy catching her mama in bed with another man. Priceless. But did you see it last week where the girl said "singing boosts my confidentiality"? I have been saying that all week, it never stops being funny. I volunteer you to do an AI blog every week.

and good job to quinn!

Cara said...

I'm not surprised, Quinn totally rocks!

Anonymous said...

What?! Quinn aced a test that was based on nothing but video games?! I never saw that coming.

jmr said...

I can't wait to see what Quinn does to the video game industry! good job Quinn :)

Anonymous said...

Who in the hell is Kelly Pickler?